Hi

Hi. I'm new. I was diagnosed last month, so it's all a bit new to me though I did do heaps of research when I was waiting for my diagnosis so was pretty sure I was autistic but couldn't be 100% sure. I've found it an amazing eye opener my diagnosis and I'm so grateful to my doctor who suggested I get diagnosed. I'm a big fan of Disney, also my special interest. Frozen 2 is my favourite film.

Parents
  • Welcome to the club Fantasy/

How have you been coping with life post diagnosis? A lot of people feel resentful that it wasn't picked up before or feel a bit adrift as they are not sure what it really means for them.

• Welcome to the club Fantasy/

How have you been coping with life post diagnosis? A lot of people feel resentful that it wasn't picked up before or feel a bit adrift as they are not sure what it really means for them.

Children
  • Hello. Thank you. I feel great, happy and reassured that I now know. I'm a little anxious because there's no support and help but I'm always finding new ways to help myself. I recently applied for a typing job as writing is something I'm pretty good at and can do for hours without getting bored. So if I can get the job that will be a way my autism helps me.