Recently diagnosed at 31

Hi everyone,

I’m a 31 year old women who has been diagnosed with ASD last week. I was given the report by my psychiatrist and then left to it. 

I’m struggling to know how to process, integrate and understand the news. I also have no idea how to share this with my family. 

I would really appreciate any advice on resources, and support for this early stage of understanding myself. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance 

Parents
  • A week is an incredibly short amount of time. Mine has been two years and I'm still getting there. You don't need to be in a hurry to tell anyone. I think it's better to understand what it means for yourself first and the difficulties you face, before you tell others. Unless they are autistic themselves it's hard to understand. 

• A week is an incredibly short amount of time. Mine has been two years and I'm still getting there. You don't need to be in a hurry to tell anyone. I think it's better to understand what it means for yourself first and the difficulties you face, before you tell others. Unless they are autistic themselves it's hard to understand. 

Children
No Data