The Journey of I, Dream, the man...

Content Removed By: Author

Parents
  • IntenseWorld said:
    When you had your diagnosis (which sounds recent) did they not give you some sort of pamphlet of support groups or anything?

They did, in fact the job centre found a local "group", unfortunately my "social phobia" presents a problem where more than two other people are in my company.

IntenseWorld said:
    I hope the psychologist helps.

She's been really great so far, comes across as very genuine and caring. And yes, she has "acted" as a "mirror" in some ways providing a different perspective, whilst at other times appears to "affirm" or "confirm" the perspective I hold... a fascinating lady.

IntenseWorld said:
    I think not being what we seem to be should be a slogan for us at the higher functioning end.

*chuckle* I'd not thought of that as a slogan, but I like it. I'm more inclined to think "nothing is as it appears" or "nothing is what it seems to be" though (at least from a philosophical perspective).

IntenseWorld said:
    We are trying to fulfil everyone else's expectations of us, it's not what or who we truly are though.

Yes, that's a good point, and I don't think most comprehend how draining "not being your Self" actually is for some of us, a constant battle, draining energy and depleting spirit... it doesn't seem right somehow.

Thanks again for the uplifting words and taking the time to "share and care". Sorry for my not being... can't think of the right word... sort of "aware or respondent" to your own "Aspie Burnout" situation. When I get "wrapped up in my Self" I find my mind just keeps going in circles around my "ego".

• IntenseWorld said:
    When you had your diagnosis (which sounds recent) did they not give you some sort of pamphlet of support groups or anything?

They did, in fact the job centre found a local "group", unfortunately my "social phobia" presents a problem where more than two other people are in my company.

IntenseWorld said:
    I hope the psychologist helps.

She's been really great so far, comes across as very genuine and caring. And yes, she has "acted" as a "mirror" in some ways providing a different perspective, whilst at other times appears to "affirm" or "confirm" the perspective I hold... a fascinating lady.

IntenseWorld said:
    I think not being what we seem to be should be a slogan for us at the higher functioning end.

*chuckle* I'd not thought of that as a slogan, but I like it. I'm more inclined to think "nothing is as it appears" or "nothing is what it seems to be" though (at least from a philosophical perspective).

IntenseWorld said:
    We are trying to fulfil everyone else's expectations of us, it's not what or who we truly are though.

Yes, that's a good point, and I don't think most comprehend how draining "not being your Self" actually is for some of us, a constant battle, draining energy and depleting spirit... it doesn't seem right somehow.

Thanks again for the uplifting words and taking the time to "share and care". Sorry for my not being... can't think of the right word... sort of "aware or respondent" to your own "Aspie Burnout" situation. When I get "wrapped up in my Self" I find my mind just keeps going in circles around my "ego".

Children
No Data