1950s / 60s / 70s Era

Hi everyone Relaxed 

I'm new here so just wanted to say hi and hopefully make some new friends with similar interests.

Although I'm in my early 30s, I've always had a bit of an obsession over the 1950s, 60s and 70s era's from music, fashion/ vintage clothing, sewing patterns, crochet patterns/books, hairstyles and of course the VW Campervan and Beetle.

Does anyone else like these era's?

Share your experiences, hobbies and interests or what songs you like from the 50s, 60s or 70s. I would love to hear them Blush

Parents
  • I've got to be honest the most interesting thing to me about the 60s/70s is all that free love / summer of love stuff. Ironic since I'm very anti drugs but who doesn't love a good party. If I'd been cooler and a bit older in the 80/90s I might have been a raver. I'm sure there probably some weird radical counter culture going on right now that I'll look back on in 10 years time and say why wasn't I there ... Of course thats the reality. You never know the right people etc.

• At this point I would like to introduce you to the Drug Science podcast. It might change your mind.

Reply Children
  • Exactly.  A very reasoned man.

• David Nut is anything but.

I should be proud to wear a T-shirt with that slogan.  He's another one who is out of step but wholly sensible and reasoned to my ears....and demonstrably competent, experienced and independent in his thinking.  What's not to like?

• The Drug War destroyed Western Society, and helped nurture a Counterculture revival. 

If people want to take drugs, fine. But if they recruit our Children to their ways, then the line must be drawn. 

• I'm not going to get into the inns and outs of what I think, as i risk breaking the forum rules (which coincidentally were amended roundabout the time i last spoke about this). There are some which are obviously very harmful and addictive but not all are, and some legal ones do just as much harm. There's great medicinal benefit being researched on this and there was until it was shut down in the seventies. We have lost many decades of research and treatments for mental health because of political ideologies.

The podcast is hosted by a neuropsychopharmacologist from Imperial College who has also done a documentary on the BBC. 

• Ah well ... I dare say some clever chemist who knows the potency of this or that agent may be able to dabble in psychedelics without becoming an addict or risking their health ... But that's not true of most people. My general opinion is that possession / production without intent to supply should be a purely rehabilitative crime. In short all a judge should be able to sentence an addict to for possession is therapy of some kind. Drug dealing on the other hand is a serious social ill that needs cracking down on.