1950s / 60s / 70s Era

Hi everyone Relaxed 

I'm new here so just wanted to say hi and hopefully make some new friends with similar interests.

Although I'm in my early 30s, I've always had a bit of an obsession over the 1950s, 60s and 70s era's from music, fashion/ vintage clothing, sewing patterns, crochet patterns/books, hairstyles and of course the VW Campervan and Beetle.

Does anyone else like these era's?

Share your experiences, hobbies and interests or what songs you like from the 50s, 60s or 70s. I would love to hear them Blush

Parents
  • I think I was born in the wrong era but the beauty of not being alive then is I can indulge to my hearts content with rose tinted spectacles. I have always had a natural affinity with the sixties and seventies. In particular certain aspects of interior design and a certain colour palate I am drawn to for reasons i dont know. There are nods to this around my house. I like some of the fashions and art. The music has woven through all my life. I have had growing interest in the counter culture of this era over the past couple of years but it's always been in my awareness. When I was growing up I used to love seeing what I could find in the charity and junk shops. Back then, vintage wasn't a "thing" so there seemed to be more stuff around and it was relatively cheap. 

• We were a victim of our own success.

Reply Children