1950s / 60s / 70s Era

Hi everyone Relaxed 

I'm new here so just wanted to say hi and hopefully make some new friends with similar interests.

Although I'm in my early 30s, I've always had a bit of an obsession over the 1950s, 60s and 70s era's from music, fashion/ vintage clothing, sewing patterns, crochet patterns/books, hairstyles and of course the VW Campervan and Beetle.

Does anyone else like these era's?

Share your experiences, hobbies and interests or what songs you like from the 50s, 60s or 70s. I would love to hear them Blush

Parents
  • Thank you for this post Rubix, I am really excited to answer it as the 60s and 70s is one of my special interests and safe places that I retreat to when the modern world gets overwhelming.

I love 60s and 70s TV and films, the list is endless but to narrow it down I suppose my favourite things to watch are The Good Life, The Likley Lads, Carry On movies, Man about the House, the Persuaders, On the Buses and Roger Moore as James Bond

I love the music too. David Bowie is my favourite musician of all time, especially the Ziggy Stardust album. I also love The Sweet, Mott the Hoople, Manfed Mann, Herman's Hermits and so many others. What are your favourites? 

You mentioned vintage clothes, have you been able to find many original pieces? Camden market used to be good for that but not so much now. I have an original check shirt from the 70s with the big collar and a retro remake of a 1970s football jacket 

• Hi Billy87, you are very welcome. It's so nice to connect with other people that share a similar interest Blush I too use it as escapism from today's society.

Some great TV shows!! I completely forgot about The Good Life. That show was so good! I did enjoy the spin off Man about the House but I prefer George and Mildred. I'm sure there is a channel on Amazon Prime called Britbox where you can watch a lot of the classic shows. Do you like Some Mothers Do 'Av 'Em?

David Bowie...absolute classic!! I know it's difficult but what's your favorite song from the Ziggy Stardust album?

There are too many great songs and artists to list but a few of my favourites are Fleetwood Mac, Creedence Clearwater Rivival, Jimmy Hendrix, The Kinks, The Mamas and The Papas etc.

Yes, I've got quite a few original clothing pieces from the 60s and 70s from quaint vintage shops and etsy. Yeah unfortunately Camden has changed. Have you been to Carnaby Street London?

• I often watch 70’s and 80’s sitcoms, tv was a special interest when I was a child. I could go into most actors histories, it bores  normal people. I went to a function about 20 years ago, my wife went to an upmarket second hand boutique shop and bought a Biba dress, it was immense.

• I bet the Biba dress was spectacular!!

Reply Children
No Data