1950s / 60s / 70s Era

Hi everyone Relaxed 

I'm new here so just wanted to say hi and hopefully make some new friends with similar interests.

Although I'm in my early 30s, I've always had a bit of an obsession over the 1950s, 60s and 70s era's from music, fashion/ vintage clothing, sewing patterns, crochet patterns/books, hairstyles and of course the VW Campervan and Beetle.

Does anyone else like these era's?

Share your experiences, hobbies and interests or what songs you like from the 50s, 60s or 70s. I would love to hear them Blush

Parents
  • Hello,

I love the music and films and vehicles from these years. I am the proud owner of a 1976 Land Rover which is my daily transport. I was also born in the 70's. The Prisoner is the best TV series ever made in my humble opinion. I would love to own a Series three Lotus Seven as driven by the Prisoner.

• My parents owned a Mini Moke when I was a teenager. I drove my dad about 150 miles to buy it in a January, he drove it home and was practically frozen when he got home. I’ve always wanted to go to Portmeirion, I’m not a number, I’m a free man!

• The Mini Moke looks a fun Summer vehicle. I have been to Portmerion twice and  recommend a visit as it is fun seeing where the cameras must have been placed and seeing the Prisoners home, now a shop. I also went to London to see the locations used in the opening credits. 

• You are a good man.  I salute you.

• Hello Roy, it looks like a wonderful project with a Galvanized chassis and a 2.25 engine. I run a 2.25 diesel and would love to be able to rebuild mine but lack the skills and my dyspraxia is a curse.     

• I am actually scared to death of moving, my wife and I were both born in the same ward of our local hospital. Our eldest son lives in Exeter and my wife’s sister is in Cornwall.  I’ve planned that my workshop will be recreated in my new workshop, I know that I will need formality around me, my wife has given so much to me, my behaviour has been quite challenging for her over the years. Most partners would have walked. She now often sees my mask slip and understands me  more. It’s my turn to give her something back. 

• You are a lucky fellow, content and with the ever tempting possibility of "chosen pastures new."  Glorious, I'm very happy for you. x

• My house is still ‘for sale’ the rising interest rate for mortgages has killed the market. We had a second viewing on Saturday, so fingers crossed. We are definitely moving to Cornwall, it’s not a rush. We have found two properties with no neighbours within sight and a workshop included.

• My house is still ‘for sale’ the rising interest rate for mortgages has killed the market. We had a second viewing on Saturday, so fingers crossed. We are definitely moving to Cornwall, it’s not a rush. We have found two properties with no neighbours within sight and a workshop included.

Children
  • You are a good man.  I salute you.

• I am actually scared to death of moving, my wife and I were both born in the same ward of our local hospital. Our eldest son lives in Exeter and my wife’s sister is in Cornwall.  I’ve planned that my workshop will be recreated in my new workshop, I know that I will need formality around me, my wife has given so much to me, my behaviour has been quite challenging for her over the years. Most partners would have walked. She now often sees my mask slip and understands me  more. It’s my turn to give her something back. 

• You are a lucky fellow, content and with the ever tempting possibility of "chosen pastures new."  Glorious, I'm very happy for you. x