1950s / 60s / 70s Era

Hi everyone Relaxed 

I'm new here so just wanted to say hi and hopefully make some new friends with similar interests.

Although I'm in my early 30s, I've always had a bit of an obsession over the 1950s, 60s and 70s era's from music, fashion/ vintage clothing, sewing patterns, crochet patterns/books, hairstyles and of course the VW Campervan and Beetle.

Does anyone else like these era's?

Share your experiences, hobbies and interests or what songs you like from the 50s, 60s or 70s. I would love to hear them Blush

Parents
  • My soul will forever be in the 80s, but of course that means nostalgia for a lot of the 70s things still making up some of the lingering ‘hangover’ aesthetics of the time. The cars, furnishings, favourite old coats, carpets  tellies, wallclocks etc. of the previous decade and more didn’t suddenly vanish overnight because the calendar flipped over to 1980. So that overlap is a rather nostalgic thing for me.

My house (a forever home I hope) that I bought in 2021 was built in 1965 and as far as I can tell is the only one in the street that internally is much as it was. I intend to keep it that way, as some of its very soul seems to lie in those slightly dated (ie. Not made clinical via knock throughs) bits of internal architecture like the sky-lighted bit of internal wall that separates my tiny but perfect kitchen from my generously proportioned lounge. I think those original architects really knew what they were doing, and the ‘upgrades’ elsewhere in the street are blind concessions to modernity for the sake of it. But each to their own…

• blind concessions to modernity for the sake of it.

Very nicely put......and I think this extends to matters beyond Architecture too....in fact, to almost all areas of consumerism.  I am amazed that more people don't manage to find the perfect "thing" already manufactured and available to buy and then use it until it finally breaks "for good" = my modus operandi.

• blind concessions to modernity for the sake of it.

Very nicely put......and I think this extends to matters beyond Architecture too....in fact, to almost all areas of consumerism.  I am amazed that more people don't manage to find the perfect "thing" already manufactured and available to buy and then use it until it finally breaks "for good" = my modus operandi.

Children