Hello

Hi I'm Leaves (Jess),

I've been lucky enough to get an early diagnosis and I feel it's made things easier for me as a lot more made sense in the last few years. There's still a lot of confusion too but having my diagnosis has made a huge difference to me in a good way.

I'm a naturalist, I've done this for a few years now and I never want to stop. From a young age I was obsessed with nature, the world, animals. I knew I'd end up doing something to do with all that for my work, I was obsessed and still am, it's my special interest and I love sharing it with the rest of the world!

Doing this and making videos I get to work with a lot of people and I'm doing my best to raise awareness for autism by sharing my own journey which has had its moments. Autism is just a word, we can do anything we want to, just have to believe and keep going. That's what I did.

I'm currently working on a book. I'm hoping to have that finished by the end of summer. Hopefully published by Christmas. I've already published two books and done audio versions for those who prefer that - myself included. Lol.

I'm so glad to be diagnosed as autistic. I feel from that day I've opened a new exciting chapter in my life and I've not looked back since. Life throws many challenges my way but I face them all with my head held high.

There's more about me on my profile page, though I may have written too much like I have here. Sorry.

Oh, and Happy Autism Acceptance Week!

Parents
  • Hi Jess, nice to have you with us and also nice to hear that your autism diagnosis has had such a positive impact for you

I also love nature.....i've decided to focus on helping the bees and other pollinators this year by planting lots of bee friendly plants in my garden. Will upload a pic of my new Bumble Bee house soon

Well done RE the book writing. I'm hoping to write my first in the near future 

• Hi Jamie, thanks so much. Good to here. I saw Nas on Twitter and decided I would join up. The diagnosis has been life-changing for me, I feel so much wiser and better now I know.

Have you been here for long?

Good for you R.E. the bees. The world needs more people looking out for them. I've got some hives in one of my fields, I will upload a pic later on as well.

Good luck with your book! I hope it's everything you're hoping for and more.

• I have been coming on here since December and this small community has been invaluable to me since then. I had my autism realization just before Christmas at the age of 35 and was a bit shell shocked for 2 weeks or so. I'm so thankful for knowing as my whole life i couldn't work out what was up with me and why i felt out of place all the time 

The bee's definitely need more help. I like these bee friendly housebricks that are being put into new builds:

Do you mind me asking what your books are about? Mine will be autobiographical 

• I'm glad you found out, sorry it wasn't earlier

Thanks. I created/invented/manifested a digital currency enterprise that wouldn't have happened if i wasn't autistic with the ability to think outside the box. Nor would it have happened if i was diagnosed before the age of 29. So that's a positive way of looking at things. 

Here is my new Bumble Bee house. It just has my dogs hair in now but when the leaves dry out i'm going to add some of those:

• I am so pleased for you. I'm glad you found out, sorry it wasn't earlier but great you found the community. I wish I'd known earlier, it would have been a lot better for me during my teen and school years. Knowing about this community sooner would have been good as well. But glad to know now - it's just the comfort of having some answers to questions I've had pretty much my entire life and knowing I'm not alone.

I love the bee bricks. Provides a nice safe shelter for them, lovely. It's good that some areas don't allow flower picking which could cause issues for them. They're so important so it's good to keep them safe.

My books are autobiographical and about nature and animals. :) 

• I am so pleased for you. I'm glad you found out, sorry it wasn't earlier but great you found the community. I wish I'd known earlier, it would have been a lot better for me during my teen and school years. Knowing about this community sooner would have been good as well. But glad to know now - it's just the comfort of having some answers to questions I've had pretty much my entire life and knowing I'm not alone.

I love the bee bricks. Provides a nice safe shelter for them, lovely. It's good that some areas don't allow flower picking which could cause issues for them. They're so important so it's good to keep them safe.

My books are autobiographical and about nature and animals. :) 

Children
  • I'm glad you found out, sorry it wasn't earlier

Thanks. I created/invented/manifested a digital currency enterprise that wouldn't have happened if i wasn't autistic with the ability to think outside the box. Nor would it have happened if i was diagnosed before the age of 29. So that's a positive way of looking at things. 

Here is my new Bumble Bee house. It just has my dogs hair in now but when the leaves dry out i'm going to add some of those: