Aspergers social group Maidstone, Kent

Hey! I'm 33 and was diagnosed with Aspergers a couple of years ago. Looking to meet up with like minded people with the hope to form new friendships. After doing some research, I couldn't seem to find a local group to me. If any adults are interested in meeting for a coffee and some cake it'd be appreciated! I'm a very sociable person but struggle to maintain friendships with (most) neurotypical members of society. Hope you're well! 

Parents
  • Hi! I can completely relate to wanting to build friendships and how difficult it can be to maintain meaningful relationships. I don’t really communicate with many of my neurotypical friends anymore especially since discovering my autism last year at 36 and the positive life changes that it can bring. 

I am pre-diagnosis (10 days away), but I know!

I’m in east Kent and I’m sure there’s some groups in the Canterbury area if you’re willing to travel that far! It’s all pretty new to me though but I like the idea of connecting with new people that people I can relate to and being able (hopefully) to drop the mask for a bit.

If you don’t mind me asking, how has your life changed since diagnosis? Sorry for the long reply! 

• Hi! I can completely relate to wanting to build friendships and how difficult it can be to maintain meaningful relationships. I don’t really communicate with many of my neurotypical friends anymore especially since discovering my autism last year at 36 and the positive life changes that it can bring. 

I am pre-diagnosis (10 days away), but I know!

I’m in east Kent and I’m sure there’s some groups in the Canterbury area if you’re willing to travel that far! It’s all pretty new to me though but I like the idea of connecting with new people that people I can relate to and being able (hopefully) to drop the mask for a bit.

If you don’t mind me asking, how has your life changed since diagnosis? Sorry for the long reply! 

Children
No Data