Considering requesting diagnosis at age almost 50

I don't know at this point if I have autism. Friends have suggested I may have. Some of the traits relating to autism seem to fit me whilst others do not. I can relate to difficulties in forming friendships and relationships, to experiences of sensory overload and to anxiety, particularly in social situations. I am less sure when it comes to whether I require routine - although my current situation is that I care for 9 cats, so that my life revolves around their routines. I have mostly been fully employed since 18 years old, though my CV job history is lengthy and does not demonstrate a clear cut career path, really only indicating my tenacity. I don't have a special subject I'm passionate about: my only study is of the cats (who are mostly unrelated to one another) co-operating and resolving their differences as a group.

Parents
  • Welcome

I think your Special interest is Cats

Their routine is now your routine, so if you looked at that as theirs all your life it didn't occur to you, that you filled that gap this way

Visit your GP and ask for referral

• Welcome

I think your Special interest is Cats

Their routine is now your routine, so if you looked at that as theirs all your life it didn't occur to you, that you filled that gap this way

Visit your GP and ask for referral

Children
No Data