Young adults with no friends

Hey

I was wondering how many young adults (roughly between the ages of 18-25) have joined this forum like me due to feeling lonely/without friends. I thought maybe if we all posted a bit of info about ourselves we may find people who are have similar interests and hobbies. And hopefully find some friends.

So I’ll start buy sharing a bit about me:

My name is Jasmine, I’m 23 years old. Unfortunately still single. I work evening/nights at a supermarket. I have high functioning autism and crippling anxiety. I enjoy watching tv and movies (I’ve just started re-watching Harry Potter.) I play the piano and I’m attempting to teach myself the ukulele. I enjoy cooking and baking. I am trying to complete an online course which is equivalent to doing a levels but have lost motivation for it right now. (Going to restart in the new year) I was home educated in year 9 due to bullying and I have never really found a friend who understands me or accepts me for who I am. 

Parents
  • Hello my name is Rosy age 39.

Enjoy photography, reading and puzzle books. Also colouring, jigsaw puzzles, listening to music, radio and journaling.

Summer 2022 I started to attend estuary ladies which is a group where we do different activities. I prefer the day sessions. My life has been difficult as been bullied during lockdown, when out alone and at a former toxic workplace. People don't understand I was there for a long time and I was mortified what I saw. Got diagnosed with PTSD in March 2020. Also got covid anxiety where wake up at strange times. 

My friends are scattered around UK and Ireland. I've lost a pen friend who stopped writing without letting me know.  The previous one was unhappy and I'd decided to do the right thing (taken me 2 attempts to stop writing. First time she rejected and made up excuses); national autistic society doesn't do pen friend anymore. 

Prefer to chat on the forum as don't use social media and give out my personal information. 

The residents of this town ask me uncomfortable questions. Are you working, how do you support yourself and do I get board at home. I try to ignore them as being nosy. I don't ask people those questions just in case.

• Hey, thanks for replying. I definitely think that school bullying has triggered PTSD for me. A couple of days ago at work a Christmas song being played triggered a panic attack because it reminded me of school.

it’s so lovely to talk to people who understand. I work with like 30 different people yet I feel so alone. Talking on here is helping loads.

I’m trying to decide whether to confront someone I work with tonight (it’s their last shift) and explain how their actions have affected me over the last few months. Part of me thinks that I should just let it go, but then I think I have the opportunity to educate someone and maybe prevent them from treating someone like that again. And if they had treated one of my siblings this way I would have confronted them weeks ago. What do you think?

• I would let this go as don't want to make this worse. The other day someone shouted at me in the street. I'd just ignore them.

Once had a panic attack in the night. 

• I’ve got no problem with you messaging me! I’m sorry that you have been let down by your pen friend, it’s very disappointing when people let us down. Maybe something has happened in their life that is preventing them from communicating with you. I glad you were able to enjoy a Christmas meal, I love chocolate so I’m a bit jealous. I hope you have a lovely Christmas tomorrow. 

• Your welcome. I didn't go to the Christmas party as people drink beforehand and ending up getting banned from the venue. Former colleagues tried to get me to attend. 

Used to drink alcohol. Now teatotal. I used to be on strong painkillers and said no alcohol. 

Went to a Christmas meal with the estuary ladies group which was ideal. Only had 2 courses, chocolate and a snowman. Absolutely bargain. Plus a raffle. You don't mind me being slightly older, messaging you?

I've started a thread of pen friend problems (again)

• Your welcome. I didn't go to the Christmas party as people drink beforehand and ending up getting banned from the venue. Former colleagues tried to get me to attend. 

Used to drink alcohol. Now teatotal. I used to be on strong painkillers and said no alcohol. 

Went to a Christmas meal with the estuary ladies group which was ideal. Only had 2 courses, chocolate and a snowman. Absolutely bargain. Plus a raffle. You don't mind me being slightly older, messaging you?

I've started a thread of pen friend problems (again)

Children
  • I’ve got no problem with you messaging me! I’m sorry that you have been let down by your pen friend, it’s very disappointing when people let us down. Maybe something has happened in their life that is preventing them from communicating with you. I glad you were able to enjoy a Christmas meal, I love chocolate so I’m a bit jealous. I hope you have a lovely Christmas tomorrow.