Autism / and friendships and relationships I struggle with maintaining them

Hi all, I’m autistic I struggle won’t friendships and fitting in with others and people accepting me for how I am, can you please help me out, as I want to have friends but I struggle to as I’ve been hurt in past when I was myself with people they called me horrible names 

Parents

The people who call you names are not worth you time or energy.  I do understand how it feels and I know many folks here too can relate.

Please don't let those experiences cause you to not try with friendships/relationships because there are genuine people out there (see below) who would be happy to make friends with you.  Unfortunately there are some unsavoury characters in life who will hurt others but I firmly believe that most people have good hearts. :-)

The people who call you names are not worth you time or energy.  I do understand how it feels and I know many folks here too can relate.

Please don't let those experiences cause you to not try with friendships/relationships because there are genuine people out there (see below) who would be happy to make friends with you.  Unfortunately there are some unsavoury characters in life who will hurt others but I firmly believe that most people have good hearts. :-)

Children
No Data