AS and marriage communication

Hi My name is Steven,

I have been recently diagnosed with high functioning autism. 

I joined the group partly to find out tips and strategies for improving communication in marriage, and also I want to give my wife some hope for the future. I am hoping to discover that there are successful AS-NT relationships out there.

All tips, solutions, strategies welcome.

Thanks. 

Parents
  • I am hoping to discover that there are successful AS-NT relationships out there.

There are.  I think mine is as successful as I could hope for.

I joined the group partly to find out tips and strategies for improving communication in marriage, and also I want to give my wife some hope for the future.

It would be useful if you could say where your own relationship falls down in terms of communication.

Otherwise, I could just randomly speak about mine but in fact, the areas that are weakest in mine could be strongest in yours + vice versa.

Also, I assume it's not just within the context of  'marriage' but within 'living together' relationships that you'd like to hear the experience of others?

• I am hoping to discover that there are successful AS-NT relationships out there.

There are.  I think mine is as successful as I could hope for.

I joined the group partly to find out tips and strategies for improving communication in marriage, and also I want to give my wife some hope for the future.

It would be useful if you could say where your own relationship falls down in terms of communication.

Otherwise, I could just randomly speak about mine but in fact, the areas that are weakest in mine could be strongest in yours + vice versa.

Also, I assume it's not just within the context of  'marriage' but within 'living together' relationships that you'd like to hear the experience of others?

Children
No Data