Coming off anti psychotic drugs

Hello my name is Julie. My son was kind of diagnosed while in hospital under a ton of antipsychotic drugs. He doesn't have learning difficulties, but these drugs makes it look like it to anyone watching on, although they think something is not quite right. After 13 years of drugs, this one that one. It is finally skimming the surface of being said he hasn't psychosis, he is Autistic and OCD and anxiety is a problem. He is off drugs, but the brain is fighting through withdrawals and trying to reclaim himself, like speech, his memory, his skills, where he could teach himself foreign languages very easily before drugs and emotions are all mixed us. He is sleeping right now and I found this forum. Hope there is someone else out there like me and coming out the other side.

Parents

Hi Julie,

I'm so relieved to hear that your son has more accurate diagnoses.  I see how you must be feeling.  I'm hoping that your son can get back to a special interest when he's not in the midst of his current struggle.  There are a few books I am reading that may be helpful for you.  I'll let you know when I've finished with them if they could help.  I think you'll find helpful hints and tips on here on how to manage different things with regards to your son.  I find samaritans is helpful when I'm really struggling so might help you if you haven't already reached out to them?

Unfortunately my Dad died from the wrong drugs and a lifetime of misdiagnosis but I am so happy to hear that your son is no longer on these meds and I hope that you read different threads on here to further understand Autism if you don't already..... I'm happy to share my knowledge if you think it could help...

Sending hugs.

• I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad x

Reply Children