Yellow teeth natural or result of poor care of self due to ASD?

Since fourteen years old I have had remarks on the yellowness of my teeth.  I presume it is because I’m autistic and my sugary diet and inability to brush properly or care for my teeth properly.  
Dentists say that some people have yellow teeth naturally. 

Really? 
REALLY? 
Come off it. 
I think it’s nonsense that natural yellow colouring could ever get commented upon. I wonder if this is an issue for anyone else? 

I'm now 57 and I still hate brushing my teeth. 

I guess I’m not alone in that either. 

Parents
  • I dont like brushing my teeth, it sounds awful but I sometimes go a few days without doing so but.....when i do, i go nuts.  I de-scale them myself and remove all plaque and have a tool to do this (similar to what dentists use). Then give them a thorough brushing.

I think i didnt go the dentist for about 15yrs and bit the bullet one time.....it was hell but.....luckily, everything was fine.

Maybe look into teeth whitening toothpaste (unsure if this works) or bi-carb type toothpaste.

Oil pulling is meant to be good for all round mouth health (worth googling).

• I dont like brushing my teeth, it sounds awful but I sometimes go a few days without doing so but.....when i do, i go nuts.  I de-scale them myself and remove all plaque and have a tool to do this (similar to what dentists use). Then give them a thorough brushing.

I think i didnt go the dentist for about 15yrs and bit the bullet one time.....it was hell but.....luckily, everything was fine.

Maybe look into teeth whitening toothpaste (unsure if this works) or bi-carb type toothpaste.

Oil pulling is meant to be good for all round mouth health (worth googling).

Children
No Data