Diagnosed last week at 48

Hello everyone, 

im T from the northeast, I was diagnosed with ADHD, last year and Autism a few days ago. It’s incredibly overwhelming. I sort of don’t know who I am anymore. 
I work full time, it’s like climbing a mountain every morning going to work, I struggle inside and out. 

I have had to take a few weeks off to process this, it’s a relief to know why I act this way but I’m struggling 

Parents
  • Hi T.  I'm from the south (of England), a Portsmuthian.

Sorry to hear your are struggling with your diagnosis.  I feel rather overwhelmed, but in a more positive way (so far, it's only been a few weeks since I was told).

I can't seem to turn my brain off and I keep doing odd things like cooking the wrong meals, wearing the wrong clothes and driving to the wrong places.

Totally absorbed basically with the revelation.

Anyway, as you can see from the replies so far, this forum is full of helpful wisdom.

This thread has helped me:

https://community.autism.org.uk/f/adults-on-the-autistic-spectrum/28195/female-diagnosed-at-60

and this book:

'An adult with an autism diagnosis' by Gillan Drew.

All the very best to you in assimilating information that does make you review the whole of your life so far and see it in a totally different light.

I am especially focussed at the moment on my childhood and my mother, who I believe had several undiagnosed conditions, including being bipolar and ASD.

• Hi T.  I'm from the south (of England), a Portsmuthian.

Sorry to hear your are struggling with your diagnosis.  I feel rather overwhelmed, but in a more positive way (so far, it's only been a few weeks since I was told).

I can't seem to turn my brain off and I keep doing odd things like cooking the wrong meals, wearing the wrong clothes and driving to the wrong places.

Totally absorbed basically with the revelation.

Anyway, as you can see from the replies so far, this forum is full of helpful wisdom.

This thread has helped me:

https://community.autism.org.uk/f/adults-on-the-autistic-spectrum/28195/female-diagnosed-at-60

and this book:

'An adult with an autism diagnosis' by Gillan Drew.

All the very best to you in assimilating information that does make you review the whole of your life so far and see it in a totally different light.

I am especially focussed at the moment on my childhood and my mother, who I believe had several undiagnosed conditions, including being bipolar and ASD.

Children
No Data