Looking to find people like me to talk to

Hi,

My name is Mand and my son is awaiting an autism assessment and my daughter is being observed at school. As a result of learning about autism, I've realised I am on the spectrum too. Although it's nice to realise why i'm the way I am and that I'm not just weird, it's also quite daunting. 

I've managed to mask my whole life.

• Other than my 2 kids, it would be nice to chat to other autistic people who might be in a similar situation to me.

Thanks

Parents
  • Perhaps you could say which area you live in so that someone can suggest groups.

Another idea is to look online. I searched using a search engine for an autism group in my part of the country and sent emails to all the groups and societies that sounded hopeful. I got some lovely replies back and have now found out that there is a very active group in the nearby town. Worth a try.

• Thank you for your reply. I'm South Glos, near Longwell Green

• Perhaps someone who lives in your area will notice your reply.

Alternatively, you could post again on this forum writing in the subject line that you are hoping to find groups for adults with autism in South Glos. Good luck.

• Perhaps someone who lives in your area will notice your reply.

Alternatively, you could post again on this forum writing in the subject line that you are hoping to find groups for adults with autism in South Glos. Good luck.

Children
No Data