Hi.

Hi, 

I'm Phoenix. Was officially diagnosed when I was 14. I was still at school then which was difficult because of the amount of people and noise there. I don't do too well with people and noise. It's a huge sensory overload for me. Still, did all right at school. Lessons were a piece of cake and no one dared pick on me. Had some issues in the middle of my teens and a few years later this led to mental health doctors getting involved..... Life's been up and down since then. In and out of hospital. Constantly being badgered by different professionals and under care, if you can call it that, from the mental health teams. On and off medications for the mental health, suicide, harming, anxiety, depression and so on. I personally feel I help myself better than any of the medication they tell me to take. One of the things I love to do and makes me feel a lot better inside is painting. I've been doing this since school and got some new paints for my 25th b-day from my mum. Yay. Painting for me is so relaxing and it's a good way of letting out frustration as well, just take it out on the canvas with the paint. I love the smell of paint as well. Normally most smells cause a sensory overload but not my paints thankfully. I paint every day in my room, don't go out all that much, usually end up in trouble if I do so I stay in. Nothing interesting out there anyway. I like music as well but only if it's on very quiet. I have a big interest in fire, and I suppose an interest in people as well in a way.

Anyway this is longer than intended so I'll break off now.

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Sarah, thank you! I thought I'd share too much in my intro there put people off, I have a negative effect on people. I love painting, it's one of those things I'm obsessed with and I think I'm ok at :) 

Best to you!