Being Denied Assessment

Hi guys 

Wondering if anyone can help. A psychiatrist saw me and said she believed I was in the autistic spectrum and wrote a detailed letter to my doctor saying this and also that I should self refer to integrated autism services for support. I believed this to be my diagnosis but after two years of telling people I had autism I found out recently that it wasn't  a diagnosis 

I was told  this by my mental health team and that I could only get a full diagnosis from integrated autism services. They have said that it's not them but my mental health team that need to do the assessment as I am under their care for depression and anxiety . 

I'm really overwhelmed by all this and don't know where to turn . I've spent the last few years coming to terms with the fact I've got autism and making sense of my past. I don't know who I am anymore. 

Thanks 

Fi 

Parents Reply
  • I’m so sorry this happened - it seems like they weren’t clear enough with you and now the rug’s been pulled out from under you. I hope you get the assessment you need and that it settles your mind again. Best wishes to you. 

Children