Hi :)

Hi :) 

I'm autistic. Unfortunately I suffer from panic attacks and anxiety pretty severely. A lot of passing out in stressful situations which can be embarrassing to say the least! I'm not very sociable I'd like to be but it's not something I'm capable of. No friends because of this and I don't really talk to my family I just can't talk properly I really struggle with it. I've thought of contacting NAS and seeking their help but I'm not sure I can cope. Even a little stress or change results in big waves of problems for me. So mostly I stay in my comfort zone and safe space, I take things one step at a time.

I find medical things really interesting. I'd love to be a doctor, not possible at the moment but who knows in the future I might be able to if I can better control my autism and anxiety. I live in hope.

I like music especially classic like Beethoven and Mozart. I enjoy a little tv and movies. But mostly I love to be in my garden with the flowers and listening to the birds. I love nature.

I feel I've said so much about myself here. Sorry! :) 

Parents
  • Hi Pru - I also suffer from anxiety and panic attacks. Like you I would like to be more sociable but tend - instead - to avoid too much contact with other people as it makes me anxious to be around a lot of people. I love classical music too (I like Bach, Rachmaninov, Mahler, early choral music, Gregorian chant etc) and I also find that getting out into nature is the best thing for my mental health. I like going on really long walks in the countryside with my husband and youngest  son (who are both also autistic).

We tend to keep in our comfort zone too (when we can anyway!) but lately I’ve thought it might be nice to have one or two friends. I came on here because I thought it would be a good way to start being a bit more friendly towards people - to connect with other people more.

so: hi! 

• Cool, cool, cool. A choral fan too!

• Hi Jimberry - yes - I love choral music. I wish I could go to more major concerts now but I still don’t feel able to because of the pandemic. Big highlight choral concerts from the past I went to were Beethoven Symphony No. 9 and Mahler’s ‘Symphony of a thousand’ No. 8 - both with a huge choir that was just fantastic! Very exciting! 
    in recent years though we’ve been big fans of Choral Evensong (at cathedrals and University Chapels) because it’s free, quieter and more accessible for us. It’s less stressful because you don’t have to get tickets or plan anything - you can just turn up if your nearby. Also very small ‘audiences’ which I prefer as I don’t like very busy places or vast amounts of people. So it’s quiet and relaxed, and you don’t have to plan everything to be there. I really recommend  it. In some places the quality of the music is absolutely wonderful. 
    Do you ever go to hear live music Jimberry? Do you have any favourite pieces of choral music? 

• Hi Jimberry - yes - I love choral music. I wish I could go to more major concerts now but I still don’t feel able to because of the pandemic. Big highlight choral concerts from the past I went to were Beethoven Symphony No. 9 and Mahler’s ‘Symphony of a thousand’ No. 8 - both with a huge choir that was just fantastic! Very exciting! 
    in recent years though we’ve been big fans of Choral Evensong (at cathedrals and University Chapels) because it’s free, quieter and more accessible for us. It’s less stressful because you don’t have to get tickets or plan anything - you can just turn up if your nearby. Also very small ‘audiences’ which I prefer as I don’t like very busy places or vast amounts of people. So it’s quiet and relaxed, and you don’t have to plan everything to be there. I really recommend  it. In some places the quality of the music is absolutely wonderful. 
    Do you ever go to hear live music Jimberry? Do you have any favourite pieces of choral music? 

Children
No Data