Hi :)

Hi :) 

I'm autistic. Unfortunately I suffer from panic attacks and anxiety pretty severely. A lot of passing out in stressful situations which can be embarrassing to say the least! I'm not very sociable I'd like to be but it's not something I'm capable of. No friends because of this and I don't really talk to my family I just can't talk properly I really struggle with it. I've thought of contacting NAS and seeking their help but I'm not sure I can cope. Even a little stress or change results in big waves of problems for me. So mostly I stay in my comfort zone and safe space, I take things one step at a time.

I find medical things really interesting. I'd love to be a doctor, not possible at the moment but who knows in the future I might be able to if I can better control my autism and anxiety. I live in hope.

I like music especially classic like Beethoven and Mozart. I enjoy a little tv and movies. But mostly I love to be in my garden with the flowers and listening to the birds. I love nature.

I feel I've said so much about myself here. Sorry! :) 

Parents
  • Hi Pru - I also suffer from anxiety and panic attacks. Like you I would like to be more sociable but tend - instead - to avoid too much contact with other people as it makes me anxious to be around a lot of people. I love classical music too (I like Bach, Rachmaninov, Mahler, early choral music, Gregorian chant etc) and I also find that getting out into nature is the best thing for my mental health. I like going on really long walks in the countryside with my husband and youngest  son (who are both also autistic).

We tend to keep in our comfort zone too (when we can anyway!) but lately I’ve thought it might be nice to have one or two friends. I came on here because I thought it would be a good way to start being a bit more friendly towards people - to connect with other people more.

so: hi! 

• Hi Kate, it's lovely to meet you :) 

I'm so sorry you suffer from anxiety and panic attacks. Are you coping ok with this? I justo to confess I am not, I probably should see a doctor but the thought makes the anxiety and panic even worse! So at the moment I'm just hiding away to keep myself calm. I've been hiding for 4 and a half years so far.

I hope your anxiety and panic get better for you soon! 

Oooh you have such amazing taste in music. I love it all especially choral music there's just something so relaxing and soothing about it I think. When I was driving, stopped because of anxiety, I used to have so much classical in my car. Absolutely loved that.

I love walking in the countryside as well! It's so peaceful and relaxing. Aw wow your married and have a son, big congratulations to you Kate. I would love to be married and have a child one day. It must be nice that your husband is autistic too, I mean that in that he must understand a lot of how you feel and what you go through. It must be nice walking with them as well. Sadly I've no one to walk with.

I can understand that Kate. That's pretty much why I'm here as well. I've been away from everything and everyone for so long but I'm lonely and I don't think it does my mental health much good either. I've already met so many lovely people here today, yourself included in that :) so already I'm so glad I came here.

• Hi Kate,

Perhaps you would enjoy to have a secret sing too whilst out in the countryside! It does wonders physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually!

Have a great day!

Jim

Reply Children
No Data