Sons autism

Hello everyone I'm Laura.  My 5 year old child has sensory disorder and has just been diagnosed with autism. Im just wondering where do I go from here? I feel at a loss tbh.  He Is doing well at school but at home it's like he is a totally different person. He hits out at me alot and at his older brother who is 15 they dont get on at all which is very upsetting for me. I want to be able to help son as much as possible so any advice is welcomed. Thank you Blush 

Parents
  • You say he's doing well at school but is that just academically? Is he getting through the school day by keeping his head down keeping to him self and bottling everything up?

I wouldn't be surprised brothers don't get on. Trying to push them together is probably the wrong move. As much as posable try to let them have their own space and own things separate from each other.

• You say he's doing well at school but is that just academically? Is he getting through the school day by keeping his head down keeping to him self and bottling everything up?

I wouldn't be surprised brothers don't get on. Trying to push them together is probably the wrong move. As much as posable try to let them have their own space and own things separate from each other.

Children
  • Hi Peter, thank you for your reply. I'm new on here. How are you doing?  he does well academically and he does now play with other children, b4 starting school he never went near another child or spoke to another child. His speech is good but understanding not so good. He likes routine. He plays at school but is repetitive and always go back to the same toy. He is a fussy eater due to his sensory.  My oldest son spends most of his time in his room anyway on the computer but when he does come out my youngest will attack him.