Hello!

Hello, I am James.

I am new here. I have joined on the recommendation of the doctor who diagnosed me with Aspergers, and advised me to join an online community. I am interested in learning about coping mechanisms to deal with anxiety and depression - two things that I often, and currently, have. Any recommendations, or suggestions - are welcome!

Parents
  • Hi James, what country are you in? 

Anxiety and Depression are very different things. Sometimes depression can be the result of a lack of vitamins and a properly working endocrine system, in which case: A mushroom complex OR ashwaganda or even an extra dose of Vitamin D help. My son prefers ashwaganda every other day plus a multi (he's 25). 

Anxiety can be due to feeling assaulted by things beyond our control or feeling trapped, traumatised and not having the tools to perceive and respond appropriately to a situation or tools and a good manual to assert healthy emotional boundaries. I've personally discovered too much time under LED lights can give me low-level anxiety, so they're not in most rooms in my home. For external issues affecting my biology, I've had to research elements which impact kinetic sensory experience: lights, scented chemicals, sounds and remove them from my home and prepare for them in society (ear plugs, for instance, or shops to avoid where incense is used.)

However, with matters of the heart and emotional affects which can be even more intense, I've had to examine my relationships and even walk away from people I care about as our Values wildly differ or we're just incompatible and this is not good for one's heart. This is much more difficult... 20 years later of slowly realising I needed help identifying sociopathic individuals or identifying my emotions or recognising I perceive and use language completely different have changed how I engage, who I choose as friends, how close acquaintances are allowed even. No small amount of wisdom and matters of investment and protection have helped. I do experience a lot less anxiety than when I was young.

• Hi JuniperFromGallifrey,

Many thanks for your kind and detailed reply.Much of what you say is new to me, so I will be following them up. I was not expecting such immediate help, concern, and clarity, so I am very thankful for your message and apologise if my reply seems short,

It is really helpful to see what I saw as a single issue divided into three. This is a really practical framework, and will help me deal with each of these individual parts that I am currently struggling with.

I am currently in the UK, but work overseas. Topsyturvy events of the last 2 years have probably had an impact that I am slowly processing.

Many thanks JuniperFromGallifrey.

• Hi JuniperFromGallifrey,

Many thanks for your kind and detailed reply.Much of what you say is new to me, so I will be following them up. I was not expecting such immediate help, concern, and clarity, so I am very thankful for your message and apologise if my reply seems short,

It is really helpful to see what I saw as a single issue divided into three. This is a really practical framework, and will help me deal with each of these individual parts that I am currently struggling with.

I am currently in the UK, but work overseas. Topsyturvy events of the last 2 years have probably had an impact that I am slowly processing.

Many thanks JuniperFromGallifrey.

Children
No Data