Hi, 

Im new to this community and also only one year since diagnosed late as ASD. In that year, knowing that things take two people to make things work, my wife has also left as its all 'too much'.

With my daily routines totally gone and the emotions of it, I'm totally struggling.

Anyone else been through similar? 

Parents
  • Hi Rob,

I have not been through what you have because how could I it is your unique journey. 

However I was diagnosed at 46 and am now 50 and it was also post break up so I would say we will have much that resonates in experiences. 

Stay on this forum and remain engaged as I know this for sure their are many excellent, intelligent and experienced individuals on this forum and you won't be ever left without sound advice should you reach out for it.

• I was only diagnosed in February at 45. With the post diagnostic support, she didn't want to do couples counselling etc and then just sprung it on me a few weeks ago. Because we worked together, I'm nor allowed back there and has said I don't need to return to the house so sofa surfing at moment. I get really bogged down with complications and confrontations, I hate it so thinking of no job, nowhere to live is freaking me out.

• As a vulnerable adult you are entitled to more consideration than those who aren't vulnerable.

• I'm just holding on tbh 

Reply Children
No Data