Secondary school help!

Hi my name's Mel and my daughter who is 9 years old got diagnosed with ASD last year we are now at the point of choosing a secondary school and I am so nervous of getting it wrong! Her current school SEN and teachers feel special school would benefit her more than mainstream and I would like any recommendations of secondary schools in or around Bradford from parents. I have felt very alone in this and don't feel I've been given any guidance on what I should be doing and with covid looking round schools seems to be difficult. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Parents
  • I don’t live in the area, so cannot give any recommendations.
    If the school think she’s better off in a special school, perhaps they are aware that there are some things they don’t have the time or resource for, which is all good. I’m sure you will consider everything when making the decision, as you only want the best for her. Have trust in yourself! She sounds like she will blossom even more once she’s settled in to the new school.

Good luck.

• I don’t live in the area, so cannot give any recommendations.
    If the school think she’s better off in a special school, perhaps they are aware that there are some things they don’t have the time or resource for, which is all good. I’m sure you will consider everything when making the decision, as you only want the best for her. Have trust in yourself! She sounds like she will blossom even more once she’s settled in to the new school.

Good luck.

Children
No Data