Tell me it gets easier

Introducing myself on a particularly bleak day. My son is three and newly diagnosed. He is non-verbal and we’re trying to do PECS.

My son screams. He screams and screams at 5am when he wakes up. He screams when he is told to do something he’d rather not - brushing teeth, stop playing with toys, going to bed. Just high pitched, blood curdling screams. 

Please tell me it gets easier. I know my family now have a different path and I’ve come to accept it. 

But god, the every day stuff has to get easier. It’s such a joyless grind sometimes.

Would love to hear from other parents who have experienced similar issues. And maybe something optimistic? Relaxed️ 

Parents
  • Nope were hell in our teens then as an adult its more confusion more problems if it's any consolation though now as an adult I still feel a great deal of guilt for what I must of put my parents through as a child growing up with ASD. 

• Nope were hell in our teens then as an adult its more confusion more problems if it's any consolation though now as an adult I still feel a great deal of guilt for what I must of put my parents through as a child growing up with ASD. 

Children
No Data