Not being able to cope with work

Hello,

I just need some help and advice. I am really struggling to cope with going to work anymore. It is not specifically this job, although it has been an absolute nightmare since I went back last week.

It is work in general, I got my first job in 2008 and since then I can only think of maybe 3-4 months in my life where I was generally happy in a job. I have had over 30 jobs in that time and I can't cope with any of them. I have had multiple nervous breakdowns caused by work. Some jobs I have just hid in the toilet because I cant face anyone. 

When I am at work I am a completely different person to when I am on holiday or between jobs. I come home and I can't even be myself at home, I just get worse and worse. Its like someone turned up a dial and all my most difficult autistic symptoms are dialled up to 100 if that makes sense. When I am off work I am so much more me. Looking back through my life a lot of my worst times and meltdowns have been triggered by work ( Thats not to say I dont struggle when Im off work, I do alot. Its just that work amplifies it if that makes sense)

I can't not work as I have rent and bills to pay and a wife and child to support. My wife's buisness is struggling at the moment so most of the wage earning responsibility falls on me 

I feel trapped as I can't stop working but I can't carry on working

Is there any charities that offer employment support and advice for autistic people? Or does anyone here have any coping techniques I could use? I am still waiting for my diagnosis so I can't access any support payments or anything 

Sorry for the long post, just not sure what to do or how to deal with this situation 

Parents
  • This is the majority of us hughfucntioning autistic people usually do ok but the rest of us with poor social skills and that lack coordination tend to struggle. I'm unemployed and on universal credit. You'd of thought I'd felt bad about being on universal credit but I don't because untill nurlotypicals treat us with a level of respect and dignity in the work place along with giving us leave way in job interviews. I'm not botherd personally and think it's kind of our right to live off the state so to speak. If we're made to feel *** about our ASD by society why should we care about being on state income.

• This is the majority of us hughfucntioning autistic people usually do ok but the rest of us with poor social skills and that lack coordination tend to struggle. I'm unemployed and on universal credit. You'd of thought I'd felt bad about being on universal credit but I don't because untill nurlotypicals treat us with a level of respect and dignity in the work place along with giving us leave way in job interviews. I'm not botherd personally and think it's kind of our right to live off the state so to speak. If we're made to feel *** about our ASD by society why should we care about being on state income.

Children
No Data