Support thread for those of us with partners/spouses with ASC-all welcome

Hello. I've been chatting to some ladies on here who are struggling in their relationships with partners who have Aspergers or high function Autism and I've noticed there seems to be a need for support. I am in the same situation and my partner and I have a little boy aged 5, who is also on the spectrum. Life has been very tough for a few years, but my partner and I have just started counselling.

I am hoping some others will hop on board so we can all share info and experience and support each other.

I haven't intended it to be exclusively for ladies by the way.

Love Rosemary xx

Parents
  • Hi Puffin,

We are all poorly with a bad cold. Frown

Well, we are now onto the next drama and this time it is school. Its kind of my fault as I have stuck my neck out and caused a furore. My intentions were good though - I was only trying to help. I think what has happened is that they have realised that i have rumbled them in their apathy.

Wow! The backlash is something else - they have tried to ban me from talking to my son's T.A.s. I have got in touch with Parent Partnership and they are going to come to the next meeting with me - as I was ganged up on by the SEN, the headteacher and our autism team school worker on Friday. It was pretty unpleasant but its done me a big favour - I now know I have to be more pro-active and cannot just trust the 'experts'.

Have had a sh*tty few days but I'll just keep on fighting the good fight. I know that the strength of the reaction is to do with the fact they are trying to hide the fact they are not doing what they should.

Looking forward to 2.5 wks respite from school if I am honest. Its been causing me much stress.

Love Rosemary, more grey hairs but refusing to lie down and die! LOL xxx

• Hi Puffin,

We are all poorly with a bad cold. Frown

Well, we are now onto the next drama and this time it is school. Its kind of my fault as I have stuck my neck out and caused a furore. My intentions were good though - I was only trying to help. I think what has happened is that they have realised that i have rumbled them in their apathy.

Wow! The backlash is something else - they have tried to ban me from talking to my son's T.A.s. I have got in touch with Parent Partnership and they are going to come to the next meeting with me - as I was ganged up on by the SEN, the headteacher and our autism team school worker on Friday. It was pretty unpleasant but its done me a big favour - I now know I have to be more pro-active and cannot just trust the 'experts'.

Have had a sh*tty few days but I'll just keep on fighting the good fight. I know that the strength of the reaction is to do with the fact they are trying to hide the fact they are not doing what they should.

Looking forward to 2.5 wks respite from school if I am honest. Its been causing me much stress.

Love Rosemary, more grey hairs but refusing to lie down and die! LOL xxx

Children
No Data