Hello

Hi there, I am the husband to my wife who has been diagnosed as an adult with autism. We discussed doing this and agreed to fund it privately as she wanted a confirmation. Neither of us were surprised by the positive result.

I came to community to help see things from her perspective as best as possible and improve my ability to help in and identify tricky situations for her.

Hopefully I can learn from everyone.

Parents
  • Hope we can explain your Wife's idiosyncrasies.

As Jessica Rabbit said, "I'm not bad! I was just drawn that way!"

• We have been married for 11 years now which is crazy to me, I could not think of life without her. That said yes the diagnosis has helped shape how I can help her out in tricky situations. She is getting used to the fact it's ok to come to me if a situation is simply too much. I'm far from perfect on this though, I make mistakes and am not always helpful.

• We have been married for 11 years now which is crazy to me, I could not think of life without her. That said yes the diagnosis has helped shape how I can help her out in tricky situations. She is getting used to the fact it's ok to come to me if a situation is simply too much. I'm far from perfect on this though, I make mistakes and am not always helpful.

Children