Hello

Good evening all, new here after recent adult diagnosis. Hope you're all well. 

Parents
  • Hello. Welcome to the autistic self-pity party.

Most people post an introduction and then you never hear from them again, so I hope you stay.  If you're feeling sorry for yourself, then this is the right place to be.  You'll find lots of people on here all competing to convince one another just how awful their life situation is (has been, and forever will be). It's the perfect platform to focus obsessively on your own problems, and garner sympathy and validation to strengthen your belief that you're an unfortunate victim of circumstance.

It also gives everyone else a secret sense of relief to read about other people who are worse off than themselves.

If you like virtue signalling, as an added bonus, you will find a ready source of views and comments to be outraged about and triggered by. Whether you have been formally diagnosed with a victim mentality, or you just suspect you may have some traits of victimhood, every day day on here is drama cycle and you'll soon find someone or something to blame for the way they feel.

• It doesn't help that young people, who can barely understand themselves and are in search for friends, life advice and instead want to push on with life and have a progressive discussion, are turned away.

Their account is permanently removed for being too young and they are left completely in the dark. No helpful message on where to go elsewhere, no consideration to why they were here in the first place. Instead they get a vague, automated ban message quoting the rules.

That's one of the main reasons why people don't write a second post and magically become inactive. Just this week I've seen this exact thing at least twice.

That's two people who are already confused, have no place to go and have to endure the high school system everyday with that uncertainty following them around.

• It doesn't help that young people, who can barely understand themselves and are in search for friends, life advice and instead want to push on with life and have a progressive discussion, are turned away.

Their account is permanently removed for being too young and they are left completely in the dark. No helpful message on where to go elsewhere, no consideration to why they were here in the first place. Instead they get a vague, automated ban message quoting the rules.

That's one of the main reasons why people don't write a second post and magically become inactive. Just this week I've seen this exact thing at least twice.

That's two people who are already confused, have no place to go and have to endure the high school system everyday with that uncertainty following them around.

Children
  • that is what ... raid shadow legends!!! ...is for.... join raid shadow legends!!.. now and get a bubbling community of friends and a free gambling addiction to dlc crates!

• Great profile, Jack. You should connect with O. He has similar interests. What I find sad is that I'm sure there are many interesting autistic people in this forum, but we don't hear from them. Instead, it's just one complaining post after another about being misunderstood, mistreated and mis-diagnosed.  It's okay to a point, but after a while, it becomes repetitive and doesn't do anything to advance autistic people forward.