Books for children

Hi. I think my daughter aged 8 is autistic spectrum. I know it’ll be a long process to get a diagnosis but I think it would help her to know a reason for some of her differences. Has anyone come across a good children’s book that explains autism?

Thanks Emma 

Parents
  • dont know of any books that explain or even portray autism in anything.

although you can see characters and relate to them in anything... such as in anime/manga garou from one punch man lol sure hes a villain but very relatable. turned villain because he was the unpopular one, rejected both the ideas of the good and the bad because they are both popular groups who to him are equally evil and the cause of misery, he is alone and represents the under dog, the unpopular and down trodden. i felt that was pretty relatable despite being technically the villain lol

but i doubt any western books would have such a thing as western stuff usually is black and white, usually with the popular good guy kid always being the lead and thus theres no room for the unpopular kid that a autist could relate to, and if anyone tries to make such a character they do it wrong and end up making them the center of attention as the protagonist and give them all the fame and friends in the story anyway. 

• Thank you. It’s more a non fiction book I’m looking for at the moment. I appreciate what you mean though 

Reply Children
No Data