Afterlife

Hi , does anyone ever think about the afterlife ?.

Like is there one ? .

If there is what is it like ? .

I've been obsessivly thinking about it since an experience that I had at Bodmin goal .

My nan had died one year prior to my visit to the goal .

I went with a friend to the ghost event and I we were in a group of six , we did the glass thing where everybody puts a finger on the glass and the spirit uses the energy to move the glass .

I was very skeptical about the whole thing , the medium was saying that a lady was there that used to be a maid or something .

I had read somewhere that if you say the deceased name and then say come forward , that they will come through .

The medium said that you can ask a question in your mind and the spirit will hear you ,so I said my nans name ,come forward .

I kept repeating this and then the medium said oh wait there's another lady coming through , she's pushed the other lady out !.

And then she started asking are you an older lady etc and the glass was moving .

Anyway it turned out it was my nan , the medium had described her down to a T and was saying that she is laughing at me . 

She then said "she's showing me her legs , they're lovely legs she said but I don't know why she's showing me  " 

I didn't say anything but my nan had cellulitis in her legs.

I can't wrap my head around how she knows all this and I can't wrap my head around how a spirit can function without a brain .

I've over analysed it so much that It's made my anxiety bad because now I'm scared of dying because I don't know what to expect.

Can someone help me put this to bed please ?

Parents
  • I would like something to happen after death not necessarily a heaven or anything biblical but just something would be nice, maybe reincarnation but my more logical, rational side says well it's just the state of non-existence. Just like how you were before you were conceived, developed into an embryo and then birth, you weren't there and that's how it will be after we're gone. It's not nothingness or blackness or anything like that it's just non-existence.

Try and remember what it was like before you were born... you can't and that's what death is.

• Energy forms and reforms in a continuous cycle, a never-ending cosmic dance.  Like the changing shapes, colours and patterns in a kaleidoscope. 
  • That's true but I think of that from a more scientific stand point in that we die and we return out energy and nutrition that's in our bodies back to the earth and it helps to grow plant life and feed animals.

I like that thought that I'm useful to something or someone after I die and that even though im dead my body is still useful for some purpose 

• How the universe understands, and as a result, grows and transforms. 

• That's the truest statement I've read so far.

• We are the universe experiencing itself ;)

Reply Children