looking for support for ADULTS with PARENTS WITH AUTISM

Hello community :-)

I am an adult who suspects both my parents have autism.

For years I have been wondering why our family wasn't working like those around me. As the awareness about autism grew over the past years,   I started to notice how much of what I heard was resonating with our situation. Recently, the teenage son of my brother has been diagnosed with Autism.

FIRSTLY: I am looking for support for people like me, who are adult and have been affected in their development because of the autism of their parents. 
In my case, this has resulted in confusion and in many emotional and psychological difficulties. I am still recovering from the confusion that came from undiagnosed autism in our family. The help that I have found so far isn't specific enough. 

SECONDLY: I was hoping to hear if any of this community have experience similar type of situations.
Have you also gone through the process of realisation, that one or both of your parents my have autism? If so, what has this meant for you? Has this affected the way how you see yourself? Have you ever talked with your parents about this? 

I would love to hear from you :-)

Christina

Parents Reply Children