Wrong diagnosis

Hi, I was diagnosed with aspergers as an adult ten years ago.

Long story short, married to a narcissist for twenty years who convinced me to be assessed, I went along with it thinking it would make life easier and she would change, only to be unceremoniously divorced.

I am very successful,  I run a growing  company, I manage complicated and convoluted bookings, dates and appointments, meet and deal with hundreds and thousands of people a year, executives, producers and such, I write professionally, I perform professionally on stage and more. I am functional at home,think about my family's needs, make sure my kids have what they need, make sure my friends are okay, care about others, interested in them and their feelings. 

I don't think these are autistic traits.

Is there anyone here who can point me in the direction of someone who can reassess me?

Parents
  • A great example is Elon Musk there was a post half an hour ago and Elon Musk finally admitted he has Aspergers and look at what he has achieved, and on a monumental scale. He has a wife, a child, multiple billion dollar companies.

Sometimes us autistics can do things that normal NT can't, AS A RESULT OF OUR AUTISM. Don't think that because you're autistic you shouldn't be able to do certain things, a lot of the time there are things we can do a hundred times better than NT people.

O

• We can ALWAYS do EVERYTHING better than NT people, O. They have always been terrified of us and of losing their societal power. Why do you think they have always tried to oppress us, write us off and keep us down? 

• I think they do that because they don't all understand us and I'm sure you've heard the saying "They fear what they don't understand". That's why we don't always get treated the same level of decency we should. I know there are things that I'm not good at, some are because of my autism and some are because it's just because of my personality (which can often cross over with my autism and that's hard to pinpoint sometimes).

• I think they do that because they don't all understand us and I'm sure you've heard the saying "They fear what they don't understand". That's why we don't always get treated the same level of decency we should. I know there are things that I'm not good at, some are because of my autism and some are because it's just because of my personality (which can often cross over with my autism and that's hard to pinpoint sometimes).

Children
No Data