My story so far

Hello everyone,

I shall keep this brief for simplicity.

Firstly, I have not been assessed or diagnosed with autism yet.

I am a male in my mid-thirties and I live in North Yorkshire. I am a volunteer worker and I enjoy reading, films and music.

From an early age, I have suffered from a range of symptoms I feel are consistent with the autism spectrum. I have raised the possibility with healthcare professionals but I have not received help for a possible assessment or diagnosis. I am more or less starting from scratch.

I am speaking with somebody soon and I intend to inquire about an assessment. Even if I am not diagnosed with autism, I would like to help others who have been (I have worked with autistic people).

Thank you for reading. 

Parents
  • Hi ,

I only joined the forum a few days ago but people have been very welcoming so far, and like you, I haven't had a formal diagnosis and unsure if I even need/want one. Hopefully you get on well with your request for an assessment but if things don't turn out the way you were hoping, you should never doubt what you believe in your heart and if you can take strength and live life more positively from learning about autism and coping strategies, then that's all that really matters anyway.

• Hi ,

I only joined the forum a few days ago but people have been very welcoming so far, and like you, I haven't had a formal diagnosis and unsure if I even need/want one. Hopefully you get on well with your request for an assessment but if things don't turn out the way you were hoping, you should never doubt what you believe in your heart and if you can take strength and live life more positively from learning about autism and coping strategies, then that's all that really matters anyway.

Children
No Data