My story so far

Hello everyone,

I shall keep this brief for simplicity.

Firstly, I have not been assessed or diagnosed with autism yet.

I am a male in my mid-thirties and I live in North Yorkshire. I am a volunteer worker and I enjoy reading, films and music.

From an early age, I have suffered from a range of symptoms I feel are consistent with the autism spectrum. I have raised the possibility with healthcare professionals but I have not received help for a possible assessment or diagnosis. I am more or less starting from scratch.

I am speaking with somebody soon and I intend to inquire about an assessment. Even if I am not diagnosed with autism, I would like to help others who have been (I have worked with autistic people).

Thank you for reading. 

Parents
  • You are very welcome here.

we need as much help as possible and by taking part in supporting people here you can help quite a bit ( if u want )

I think it would give you more credibility if you do actually have an assessment. It will be something  else u can help others with particularly in your area. I mean the experience of going through an assessment. It is actually good to be observed by professionals and get their feedback.......  u could be autism + ADHD or OCD  which are common mixes.

anyways I found this helped me progress through he process. Below it are extra things to add 

Make a list of reasons why u think u are autistic.

include relatives in your family who are autistic or adhd or called weird/different

and a list of occasions when u have been called weird, autistic, different

the list should be electronic ie so you can email it to anyone who wants it.

• You are very welcome here.

we need as much help as possible and by taking part in supporting people here you can help quite a bit ( if u want )

I think it would give you more credibility if you do actually have an assessment. It will be something  else u can help others with particularly in your area. I mean the experience of going through an assessment. It is actually good to be observed by professionals and get their feedback.......  u could be autism + ADHD or OCD  which are common mixes.

anyways I found this helped me progress through he process. Below it are extra things to add 

Make a list of reasons why u think u are autistic.

include relatives in your family who are autistic or adhd or called weird/different

and a list of occasions when u have been called weird, autistic, different

the list should be electronic ie so you can email it to anyone who wants it.

Children
No Data