My story so far

Hello everyone,

I shall keep this brief for simplicity.

Firstly, I have not been assessed or diagnosed with autism yet.

I am a male in my mid-thirties and I live in North Yorkshire. I am a volunteer worker and I enjoy reading, films and music.

From an early age, I have suffered from a range of symptoms I feel are consistent with the autism spectrum. I have raised the possibility with healthcare professionals but I have not received help for a possible assessment or diagnosis. I am more or less starting from scratch.

I am speaking with somebody soon and I intend to inquire about an assessment. Even if I am not diagnosed with autism, I would like to help others who have been (I have worked with autistic people).

Thank you for reading. 

Parents
  • Hi and welcome

I recognize a lot from what you're writing and know that just acknowledging oneself as autistic can make a huge difference even without the diagnosis. I'm not officially diagnosed, yet there is no doubt in my mind that I am autistic. I have a lifetime of proof. And when I allow myself to live according to my autistic traits, I feel much better.

In fact, I actually think it can be a better way, if you can get by without help of the public service. 

• Hi and welcome

I recognize a lot from what you're writing and know that just acknowledging oneself as autistic can make a huge difference even without the diagnosis. I'm not officially diagnosed, yet there is no doubt in my mind that I am autistic. I have a lifetime of proof. And when I allow myself to live according to my autistic traits, I feel much better.

In fact, I actually think it can be a better way, if you can get by without help of the public service. 

Children
No Data