Hello I'm Lythiah

Hello everyone and thank you for reading this, if you do! 

I am Lythiah (not my real name) and I am a student,
doing my bachelors degree in design right now. So it's quite stressful for me at the moment.

Anyways, I signed up here because I am not sure about myself. 
Actually I am seeking for advice! 
I've been struggling my whole life with issues like:
- I aleays felt different as a kid and prefered books over people 
- I hated family gatherings, they where exhausting
- my family always described me as "too sensitive" and "thinking too much" 
  (and they never believed me when i said i could taste the plastic if food was in plastic boxes)
- I always felt "slower" than other kids when it comes to understanding... everything
- I really really have a problem with other people touching my stuff though I know they're not doing anything
- I hate texting, so bad, it is so exhausting 
- I never understood certain school subjects like literature or history, they barely make sense to me or I understand them wrong 
- I love routines
- I love learning and logic 
- I have extreme mood switches, like I am doing ok and suddenly everything is too much and my whole system breaks down and I can't function properly 
- I like to eat the same food everyday and I love it everyday 
- I had this thing I used to do as a kid... shaking my hands when I imagined stuff (makes it somehow easier) and I sometimes still do it if I am alone.... 
- and I like weird stuff and I am sad that nobody wants to talk about my weird things 

And still I struggle with getting overwhelmed so easily. 
I have no certain problems with conversations. Actually I like them. They are just exhausting. 

All of these things make me consider wether I am on the spectrum or not... but I am not sure because I can only relate to certain parts. 
It is just... now that I've discovered this so many things made sense but I don't want to use it as an "excuse". 
I hope you can undertand what I mean. I don't want to offend anyone. 

It really would mean a lot to me, if some of you could share your experiences with me! 
Thank you for reading this! 

Parents
  • Welcome! I think a lot of that will sound familiar to many others on here, whether it means you're on the spectrum or not. I'm not a doctor so couldn't advise for sure, but some of those are pretty typical experiences for those on the spectrum. Have you considered seeing your GP to get professional advice on this?

Give a shout if you need any help getting around the forum :)

• Welcome! I think a lot of that will sound familiar to many others on here, whether it means you're on the spectrum or not. I'm not a doctor so couldn't advise for sure, but some of those are pretty typical experiences for those on the spectrum. Have you considered seeing your GP to get professional advice on this?

Give a shout if you need any help getting around the forum :)

Children
No Data