Late diagnoses newbie

Hi everyone,

Thought I better say hello.

I am a 61 yo male who was officially diagnosed with Autism but due to COVID-19 not the specific yet. Suspect Aspergers.

It has explained a lot about my employment career, or lack of it.

Presently unemployed

Enjoy restoring/ driving classic cars and motorcycles. During the day I am fixing things around our small holding.

Parents
  • Welcome aboard! I remember thinking Wolseley 1800s were rather an elegant car, back in the 60s. Nice subtle color schemes too!

Your profile reminded me of a bit of UK rural mythology, back about the same time. A certain truck driver was involved in the long distance transport of Longbridge motors to port; I would guess, as boxed car kits for export and assembly in commonwealth countries. Let's just say that bits went gradually missing, bit-by-bit.  His smallholding was eventually raided. A complete 'brand-new' car was eventually discovered, surrounded by a haystack.

Also, I once drove around a roundabout near to that dock, and was confronted by a complete Longbridge car crate in the middle of the road, which had been shed by a truck. A close call!

Tell us a bit more! I can easily relate to what I've read so far.

• Welcome aboard! I remember thinking Wolseley 1800s were rather an elegant car, back in the 60s. Nice subtle color schemes too!

Your profile reminded me of a bit of UK rural mythology, back about the same time. A certain truck driver was involved in the long distance transport of Longbridge motors to port; I would guess, as boxed car kits for export and assembly in commonwealth countries. Let's just say that bits went gradually missing, bit-by-bit.  His smallholding was eventually raided. A complete 'brand-new' car was eventually discovered, surrounded by a haystack.

Also, I once drove around a roundabout near to that dock, and was confronted by a complete Longbridge car crate in the middle of the road, which had been shed by a truck. A close call!

Tell us a bit more! I can easily relate to what I've read so far.

Children