New here

hey im vicky 

I've got a 7 year old boy who is in the process of being referred to community peads. Been fighting 2 years while home schooling him. LA dont seem to bother much. Feel like im hitting a brick wall.. as not getting any help and don't know where to even start.

Hospital have told me their still working on Dec 2017 referrals and I started referral Aug 2018 .

Any help would be grateful... or even just to make a friend.. dont have many of them 

Parents
  • Hi. I got referred may last year and got given a choice after a year waiting of either continuing to wait for nhs or accept referral to healios. It does seem to depend on ur location as to how efficiently u get dealt with. Friends are few and far between these days. Have you been to ur gp? 

• Yes, gp is one who referred him. Have done this 4 times since aug 18. 

Since then ive had local LA come out for home schooling and asked about EHCP and they havent even put me in touch with them. 

I'm based in Wiltshire, I know different areas get seen a lot quicker but here its like 3 year wait. 

Yeah since my son has been showing signs of adhd and autism friends dont really want to know anymore. 

• Yeah people are very judgemental when it comes to this. And cruel. Finding it quite isolated in a way as have so much I wanna talk bout but nobody seems interested. I’m relearning my whole life and it’s a lot to do. Surprised gp not doing more esp for a young child. 
  • Yeah you've helped me put a few things into perspective and listened, so I thank you for that. 

• On a good day. And got used to masking...  Hope I have helped you. Really enjoying chatting Thumbsup

• You seem very with it to be fair. Been a help to me for sure Thumbsup 

• I know what it’s like to be pushed aside and ignored so it’s ok. I constantly feel like I’m failing. 

• I'd do anything for them. They are my world. Just wish I wasn't being sent from pilar to post and not getting anywhere. Cheers for listening 

• Never. You are doing your best. Life isn’t easy and yeah I’ve struggled a lot and often but I’m doing ok in what you would call life These days. I am sure u are a lovely woman and do ur upmost for ur kids. 

• Same here. Only out to help their self and not others in need. Ive tried my best so far but feel like I've failed him Pensive 

• Starting to think the worlds definitely full of self obsessed selfish ........ only out to further their own selfish needs. 

• Same feel stressed that I still can't get anywhere for my boy 

• Coping I think. How bout u? 

• hope your ok? 

• Just spoke to doctors, no help whatsoever... told me to ring social services to see if they can help. Dont really want to ring them and get them involved 

• They should do. If not set me on them mid meltdown Joy

• yes hoping doctors will actually get off *** and at least put me in touch with someone that may be able to help 

• That’s ok. And sounds very much like you have a good case going for a diagnosis and the risk to ur daughter as well should prompt a response.

• Thank you so much for your time. It means alot. Ive just answerd a 31 question test and he scored 25 outta 31 so states he has some sort of learning difficulties. 

Will make sure they listen tomorrow, im frightened for my daughters sake. She can't fight him off like me and my mum can.

• Fingers crossedGood luck with that. Make it clear you are all suffering and you need to get him the support to help all of you and to ensure he has an education. You are not alone. Slight smile us nice people do still exist in this selfish planet of ours. 

• Fingers crossed, im going to look into the assessment now. And see what i can find. Then hopefully can send to gp and say look this is what I've found... now how are you going to help. 

As thats all I want for him someone to say yes I'll help you. Rather than send us in a totally different direction. 

• He’s the most important person obviously but you need to think of yourself too as burning yourself out isn’t gonna help either of you. You seem very nice and an obviously caring parent trying to do her best by her boy. From what you have said you have grounds for an assessment and if u can find the assessment online that you can do on his behalf it would strengthen your position. Sometimes you have to be blunt and you need ur gp to pursue a diagnosis. Could be adhd or something but you will know and be able to help him accordingly.

• Yes I've found that out. 

If i want my boy back into a school which would help him, I need the diagnosis. 

Everything seems to revolve around it. Not the fact you still struggle until you get to that stage.

I must admit talking to you seems to put a few things into prospective. And I will be saying more to the gp Tomorrow. I need the help with him. I get no time to even relax as he's on the go from early dawn until like midnight sometimes later. 

• Yes I've found that out. 

If i want my boy back into a school which would help him, I need the diagnosis. 

Everything seems to revolve around it. Not the fact you still struggle until you get to that stage.

I must admit talking to you seems to put a few things into prospective. And I will be saying more to the gp Tomorrow. I need the help with him. I get no time to even relax as he's on the go from early dawn until like midnight sometimes later. 

Children