Hello

Hi I am waiting for an assessment for autism and just wondered if anybody could give me an insight into what the assessment is like and what happens at them thanks. 

Parents
  • Hello and welcome Slight smile

I had an initial assessment after taking more tests for about an hour ,a general talk about your life , feelings , behaviours. 

Then a further 4 assessments over a month with more indepth questions about yourself ,

They asked me if they could contact a trusted family member , It was conducted very slowly and with calmness ,Your given time to respond . 

With a final diagnosis meeting describing the outcome of  diagnosis , 

I was told at the initial assessment that a panel get together afterwards and reviewed the information to see if a spectrum diagnosis is suspected.

• Hello and welcome Slight smile

I had an initial assessment after taking more tests for about an hour ,a general talk about your life , feelings , behaviours. 

Then a further 4 assessments over a month with more indepth questions about yourself ,

They asked me if they could contact a trusted family member , It was conducted very slowly and with calmness ,Your given time to respond . 

With a final diagnosis meeting describing the outcome of  diagnosis , 

I was told at the initial assessment that a panel get together afterwards and reviewed the information to see if a spectrum diagnosis is suspected.

Children
No Data