Hallo

A hoy hoy, fellow travellers down this long winding cow pat strewn road.

i was diagnosed with ASD at 50 last year after a life time of broken friendships, broken relationships and people saying "did he just say/do that?" 

I'm married with a grown up daughter and a seven year old daughter and live here in sunny Northern Ireland.

I'm struggling with it all, work especially, and can't seem to get the tone right. I have that classic 'treat everyone like you' attitude and people take what I say as inappropriate or insulting. I've always been like that and I never knew why. Now I know but I can't stop it. 

Can I ask...... does it get easier?

Parents
  • Hello, love your intro! Welcome here.

I've read a few posts from people at a similar age who say it gets worse.. It made me pretty down.  So I'm after something like... 'OK so WHAT can make it better?' particularly at work where I'm treated as an outsider.  And I'm always having to straighten out some conflict or other that I just inadvertently made. Weary

• Hello, love your intro! Welcome here.

I've read a few posts from people at a similar age who say it gets worse.. It made me pretty down.  So I'm after something like... 'OK so WHAT can make it better?' particularly at work where I'm treated as an outsider.  And I'm always having to straighten out some conflict or other that I just inadvertently made. Weary

Children