Hello from the UK

Rebecca here, hello!

I've been finding life difficult more than usual recently so I decided I'd give online a chance to meet others like me. I have Aspergers which I find annoying at the best of times. But I do have special talents mostly in music and singing. I sing and I play the guitar, which I'm told I am pretty good at though that may be fibs from people to nice to tell me the truth. I sing a song every day which makes all my worries go away Slight smile Today's song was Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

• Me too Slight smile Masking is exhausting. He does seem really down to earth Slight smile

Thank you - I'll do my best! Sorry to hear you don't have a job anymore - I'm sure something will come up soon. I hope you find what you're looking for Slight smile

• I'm thinking of getting a ukelele!

• welcome into the chat room .. I'm self taught on the guitar and not too long ago I starte learning the handpan .. pretty hard but it sounds nice even played badly :-) 

• Hello and welcome! I love music too. But more old stuff Smiley

• I have Irish heritage, had a beautiful Irish grandmother who was a singer/actor as were her parents. Singing was my main thing, but I also enjoy guitar/piano ... other family members are far better instrumentally than me. They are performers in the acting and singing/musician worlds, and what they do blows me away. I used to be a lyricist/composer and would live and breathe poetry once, waking up in the middle of the night to jot down ideas, music & lyrics that came to me. Now, life has taken on a different turn and I find myself involved in other creative areas(sewing, creating ... self-taught like so many of us on the spectrum seem to be). Music and the arts are a wonderful outlets for anxiety, and escapism I find. I hope you eventually feel comfortable sharing your music with your family, though only if you're truly ready and comfortable doing that. There's a balance to be found in sharing talents, putting yourself out there, exposure, as it can compromise, even threaten our self security. Don't know if you feel the same, but keeping myself "safe" and secure from fragility at times, is a fine line. I'm glad you don't feel overly hampered by anxiety. That's a real plus. So good to meet you. Can't imagine life without music... :)

• Hi DuckBread... Haha yes that's what I love about being online, we can be ourselves here and it's not a problem. I don't like masking and having to be someone I'm not. Yes very poetic, and I think he's quite down to earth as well like a seriously genuine nice guy. I like Perfect a lot.
    I'm sorry you're a bit stressed. Try not to be, you will have an awesome week at work Slight smile Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I don't have a job anymore sadly but I hope to get one again soon.

• Haha, thank you Slight smile I seem to either talk way too much, or go really quiet and barely speak. It's good to have a place where people understand and it doesn't really matter how talkative you are Slight smile He is amazing and I love his lyrics - they're quite poetic. Glad you're feeling a bit better today. I am, thank you - just trying to keep the Sunday stress at bay (I always get a bit nervous about starting another week at work).

• Hi DuckBread... Omg I love your name! Slight smile Gift heart I'm glad you've find it helpful being here. I haven't got many people other than family to talk to so I'm looking forward to being social with everyone here. I can talk a lot which a lot of people I knew found annoying but I'm hoping it won't be a problem here. If it is though say and I'll calm myself!
    Aww yaay that's really cool! Smiley Music is just amazing. I'm so happy when I'm at home playing and making music. I love Ed Sheeran, his music is so heartfelt and soulful. I think he's great.
    Thank you! I am now, I had a bit of a bug thing yesterday but am much better today. I hope you are having a great weekend as well.

• Hi, Rebecca. Welcome to the forum Slight smile I joined for the same reason and I found it really helpful to speak with people who have similar experiences to my own. I hope you find it helpful too. I also sing and I play piano. Thinking Out Loud is a great song - I find Ed Sheeran's music really relaxing. Hope you've had a good weekend so far.

• Hi, Rebecca. Welcome to the forum Slight smile I joined for the same reason and I found it really helpful to speak with people who have similar experiences to my own. I hope you find it helpful too. I also sing and I play piano. Thinking Out Loud is a great song - I find Ed Sheeran's music really relaxing. Hope you've had a good weekend so far.

• Thanks for letting me know. I didn't know you could do that... Thank you! :) 

• welcome Rebecca,,, fill out u're profile a bit. it helps u make friends etc eg favorite tv programs films books colours music animals hobbies  Have fun :)

• Welcome to the community.

Hope you have lots of fun here Slight smile

• Hello, thank you for sharing some about yourself and for the welcome. I wish my family was musical like yours is. Yours sounds amazing. What instruments do you play, can you sing as well? I originally began learning to play the piano but decided on the guitar in the end and I’m so glad I did! I love it. As I learned guitar I taught myself to sing as well and now I can sing most songs that I love. My family aren’t musical unfortunately and I have no brothers or sisters but do find relief and company in my music. I have and do write my own songs and music. I’ve come up with some beautiful music on my guitar and put words to a few of them as well, I haven’t shared any with my family yet but if I feel more confident later I might. I struggle with anxiety but it’s not that bad. I have my music and that helps me through the hardest bits.

• Hi and welcome Rebecca Slight smile. Sounds like you are very talented musically! Love that you’re able to sing as a form of stress relief. I come from a pretty musical family, with guitars, drums, piano, vocals a big part of get togethers. Seems to be in the genes. Do you ever write your own lyrics or music? Sorry you’re finding life more difficult than usual. If there’s anything in particular we can help with, feel free to share. Lovely to have you with us.