New and saying hello

Hello

I’m new and just wanted to introduce myself. I was diagnosed with Aspergers in March after a very long journey. A 49 year one actually so it came as a relief to finally make sense of a life of confusion or I could say always being confused about life.

As a female I have discovered through the diagnosis process that I had become an expert at masking and camouflage to the point which I came to in 2012 of complete nervous breakdown and not even knowing who I was. I went through many tests at hospitals as I was so unwell and eventually diagnosed with M.E or chronic fatigue in 2017.

Being so fatigued all the time I didn’t have the energy to mask anymore. I became seriously depressed and was referred to a clinical psychologist and it was during the sessions that she spoke to me about Aspergers and referred me for assessment. I was on a waiting list for 3 years but got there in the end.

Even though the last few years have been stressful and I have felt very lost at times. I do feel now that I understand myself better and why my life has been one of living in a state of high anxiety lost most of the time. Why I found running my own business easier than working for someone as I could control it, and why I usually feel like an atmospheric sponge after spending time with others and have to then recover for days or end up with a migraine. Why I am pedantic about everything and I mean everything and why I am absolutely always right  Blush Why relationships have always been full of misunderstanding and intensity. However on a positive note I got married when I was 42 to someone who accepts my quirky ways.

Anyway that’s probably enough for now. It’s great to meet you all and I am happy to share my experiences leading to diagnoses if it can help anyone else.

Parents Reply Children
No Data