Hi There

Hi There All

I was diagnosed with ASD (Asperger's)  in March and it was no surprise to me as I've always felt and acted differently to everyone around me... Even tho it's taken until the age of 31 finally to get others to notice the problems that I have with social interaction and learning difficulties. I spend most of my time with my neurotypical daughter who is just to turn 4 and am finding it difficult to explain to her why mummy cant do the things like going to the park or take her anywhere on my own without my own mother having to be with us due to the fact I get so flustered and anxious when I'm out of my own home.

Has anyone got any advice or been in my place as to how I explain to her in terms in which she might possibly understand as I'm not very good with words? 

Thanks for reading my post and hope to hear from you soon 

Parents
  • Just tell her that you like grandma coming along. Shes just 4 years old she doesn't need to worry about the ins and outs of asd just yet. Do plenty of things indoors to keep her occupied. Make play dough or salt dough together (recipe on line). Play hide and seek with her favourite toy. Make forts with sheets or cardboard boxes. Do you have a garden? Loads to keep a 4 year old occupied. All the best

• She's already asking questions tho as to why I can't do certain things or why do I acted in certain ways... 

Reply Children
No Data