Hi There

Hi There All

I was diagnosed with ASD (Asperger's)  in March and it was no surprise to me as I've always felt and acted differently to everyone around me... Even tho it's taken until the age of 31 finally to get others to notice the problems that I have with social interaction and learning difficulties. I spend most of my time with my neurotypical daughter who is just to turn 4 and am finding it difficult to explain to her why mummy cant do the things like going to the park or take her anywhere on my own without my own mother having to be with us due to the fact I get so flustered and anxious when I'm out of my own home.

Has anyone got any advice or been in my place as to how I explain to her in terms in which she might possibly understand as I'm not very good with words? 

Thanks for reading my post and hope to hear from you soon 

Parents Reply Children
  • Actually, maybe rollercoaster rides are a better example? Some people love them whilst they make others terrified. 

Perhaps you can arrange substitute activities for going to the park? Can you get to some open land that is deserted where you can play ball with her?