Abigail

Hello my name is Abigail. I'm newish to the world of Autism and need help coping with the effects it has in life. Especially with the stress and worry it causing me. To me Autism feels like a big bag and I'm inside of it and every day there's a gust of wind that blows me to different places and when im in certain places I feel the bag closes in on me and I struggle to breathe and control myself. It's hard work at school because I'm stupid and struggling with the work and no one wants to be my friend but it's even worse at home. Sometimes I cry and other times I scream. I need help to deal with all this please.

Thank you,

Abi.

Parents
  • Stupid people don't realize that they're stupid, so you definitely are not. If you have an idea of what you want to do later in life you can find out how important schoolwork really is in achieving that and it may go some way in easing your worries even a little.

• Hello WolfyC. Thank you, that is so kind of you to say. I hope it won't make things difficult for me in the future but maybe like you said I won't need good grades to get a decent job.

• In a way this is a great place for you to get information, because we can tell you where we went wrong. You don't have to go forward not being able to relate to anyone like a lot of us did and you don't have to feel alone either. There might be a lot of information coming your way and it could be a lot to take in, but you can decide honestly with yourself what you're capable of right now.

I can say a big mistake I made in the past is making vague plans - If you can find out precisely the details of what you need to do and make sure to cover every aspect of that instead of going forward "hoping it'll turn out well" then that'd be a great start.

You could live to 100 years old and this is the time when it's okay to be figuring everything out. Making mistakes for example just means you're willing to try because if you don't try it's not even possible to make them.

You're just a human having your human experience so remember you deserve to be happy. Slight smile

• In a way this is a great place for you to get information, because we can tell you where we went wrong. You don't have to go forward not being able to relate to anyone like a lot of us did and you don't have to feel alone either. There might be a lot of information coming your way and it could be a lot to take in, but you can decide honestly with yourself what you're capable of right now.

I can say a big mistake I made in the past is making vague plans - If you can find out precisely the details of what you need to do and make sure to cover every aspect of that instead of going forward "hoping it'll turn out well" then that'd be a great start.

You could live to 100 years old and this is the time when it's okay to be figuring everything out. Making mistakes for example just means you're willing to try because if you don't try it's not even possible to make them.

You're just a human having your human experience so remember you deserve to be happy. Slight smile

Children
No Data