HI New Here, Trying Asperger Group Again

Feeling anxious for two days before the group. Wrong side of 30. My last 20 years have been a blur of struggle. Been to many mistakes, self-destruction.  So I hope i am now ready to start functioning to a reasonable level. Wow the patients of my family, they see potential but how long can my life carry on the slow moving roller-coaster. Giving up stimulants (alcohol and excess sugars)  to give myself more stability. I just hope is my combination of ingredients for this meal will taste OK. Just hope the cook is up to it. 

Wow it really helps to hear others struggling. Is that wrong?.....

Parents
  • Hi - welcome to the group. I'm sorry you're going through a difficult time, but it sounds like you're making some really positive steps to take care of yourself. 

I understand what you mean. We're only human and there's something comforting about knowing we're not alone in our struggles. This community has been a godsend for me over the last few months - like you, I have an amazingly supportive family, but it's good to talk to people who have similar experiences as an autistic person. Hopefully you'll find the community useful too.

• Hi - welcome to the group. I'm sorry you're going through a difficult time, but it sounds like you're making some really positive steps to take care of yourself. 

I understand what you mean. We're only human and there's something comforting about knowing we're not alone in our struggles. This community has been a godsend for me over the last few months - like you, I have an amazingly supportive family, but it's good to talk to people who have similar experiences as an autistic person. Hopefully you'll find the community useful too.

Children
No Data