HI New Here, Trying Asperger Group Again

Feeling anxious for two days before the group. Wrong side of 30. My last 20 years have been a blur of struggle. Been to many mistakes, self-destruction.  So I hope i am now ready to start functioning to a reasonable level. Wow the patients of my family, they see potential but how long can my life carry on the slow moving roller-coaster. Giving up stimulants (alcohol and excess sugars)  to give myself more stability. I just hope is my combination of ingredients for this meal will taste OK. Just hope the cook is up to it. 

Wow it really helps to hear others struggling. Is that wrong?.....

• It certainly isn’t wrong to realise that others suffer similar difficulties.

Don’t forget we are living in a world where up to 99% of the population suffer from Neuro Typical Disorder (NTD). A true epidemic.

NTD is an incurable disorder that causes individuals to look invasively into another’s eyes, gesticulate in an indecipherable manner, consider themselves superior, obsessively attempt to conform.

NTD individuals also suffer from an impaired Theory of Mind. This leaves them unable to consider that people from other cultures and societies may have different customs and ways of thinking. The historical litany of wars and conflicts are the terrible consequence of these restrictive presumptions and beliefs.

Unfortunately for people with NTD, behavioural psychologists have attempted change their behaviour to make it more socially acceptable by subjecting them to such treatments as Applied Behaviour Analysis. Despite overwhelming evidence that this treatment causes further problems such as PTSD, NT thought processes are so rigid that they refuse to accept this and think that by changing the name of the treatment to something else, such as Positive Behaviour Support, no one will notice.

It is no wonder that ordinary autistic people turn to drink and drugs to try and escape the problems caused by the psychopathological disorder, NTD. Luckily, autistic people are flexible enough in their thinking to realise these strategies are not a long term solution.

• I'm sorry that you've woken up feeling like this! Remember to self care if you can, maybe having something to eat and drink may make you feel a little better?

• I am glad you found connections in your group. I wake up this morning feeling petrified, electricity is rushing exhaustively through the veins. I just hope I just don't seem as too uninterested because I feel exhausted. 

• TYPO .......i really hope

• I really hope that the group goes well for you and that you benefit from going. I've just been to an Autism Social Group earlier this evening, which I try to attend every month and I got to catch up with a couple of friends which was good. These groups can be a really good place to make connections with other Autistic Adults and to make friends. 

I'm sure that you do have potential, maybe it's just easier for your parents to see it than it is for you at the moment. Hopefully in time you will see your own potential too!

Well done for giving up alcohol and excess sugars!

• welcome to this forumn. glad to here u have given up alcohol. I gave it up for good 5 years ago and it did me the world of good - like u said made me more stable and stopped my depression.

To answer your question, listening about other peoples problems does make you feel better because you are sharing your problem.  See u later glassbox. Take part in all the threads,  the main 2 (for me so far ) are Autistic adults and misc & chat

enjoy

• Hi - welcome to the group. I'm sorry you're going through a difficult time, but it sounds like you're making some really positive steps to take care of yourself. 

I understand what you mean. We're only human and there's something comforting about knowing we're not alone in our struggles. This community has been a godsend for me over the last few months - like you, I have an amazingly supportive family, but it's good to talk to people who have similar experiences as an autistic person. Hopefully you'll find the community useful too.